What is this raggedy waffle-weaved piece of fabric?

My favorite childhood blankie - that's what!!
Come on, admit it. You know you can’t live without your baby blanket either. It is a well known fact and cannot be denied - four out of five dentists recommend Trident for the patients who chew gum, but ten out of ten babies LOVE and cannot live without their blankets.
As I reflect back on my childhood I have very vivid memories of my baby blanket. It was yellow, soft and cuddly. It was rimmed with silk that I loved to rub under my nose... I use "was" because now it has morphed from my baby blanket to a raggedy waffle-weaved piece of fabric. There is barely any silk left (you can see the stitching where my mom tried to re-sew the silk more than once) but I suppose that is what happens to something that is loved on over and over again...
Pinned to my shirt it became my superhero cape and flapped in the wind as I flew around the house saving innocent victims. Draped over the top of me I became a deep sea diver who could hold her breath for hours only to surface when absolutely necessary.
This blanket has found a home on my bed for a loooong time. I am not exactly sure when I got it but you could have found it on my bed up until high school, in my dorm room at college, and you may even find it on my bed now from time-to-time after a rough day.
With all that being said... what was I to do but to make sure Aliyah has the same magic blanket that can give her comfort, enrich her imagination, and allow her to cuddle up when she is cold...
When I opened up the package that I ordered through the mail and got my hands on this blanket I absolutely melted!!! It is so very soft with silk all the way around... I look at her yellow blanket and wonder who Aliyah will become with this blanket and her imagination.

She will love it...just like you did.
ReplyDeleteLoving your posts...lv, Grammy