Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Getting Creative: Decorating with Sheets

Can I please take a minute to brag on my sister-in-law and tell you how amazing she is?!?!

Jillian has a degree in fashion design and I can honestly say that I had no idea what goes into a project until I witnessed it first hand. I had a spare sheet from Aliyah's bed and was going to whip out a seat cushion for the rocking chair in her room. As I explained a rough idea of what I had in mind to Jillian, I am sure she had a good chuckle to herself.

She was so polite and explained to me some of her ideas on how to make a seat cushion and, boy oh boy, am I glad she did!! I watched in utter amazement as this all came together, trying to lend a hand when I could. Aliyah is one lucky lady to have an aunt with such wonderful talents.

I couldn't get a picture that did this beautiful piece justice, but I think you can get the idea...

Jillian's true passion is making and designing clothes for her own company, Terrabella. She uses organic material that is all dyed naturally herself (see... I told you she is amazing!) She has done a lot of custom orders/designs/gowns/etc. Interested in her services?? jillian@terrabellafashions.com

With some of the scraps left over from the seat cushion, I was able to put together this light switch plate with a little help from my mom.

I am loving this unique and cozy little room!

1 comment:

  1. You are too sweet! Thanks for the praise! I really can't wait to have a new little niece to spoil!

    ReplyDelete