Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Sweet, Sweet Mornings

No matter how bad the nights may be, when morning comes and the light pours through the blinds and she is all smiles and chubby-legged stretches - the weary, sleep deprived frustration melts away and I am filled to the brim with her loveliness.

There is nothing better than those first morning minutes, when we all lay in bed and smile at one another. I try to wake up just a little bit earlier than normal every morning so that I can enjoy this time when Tyler brings Aliyah to our bed - with all three of us together before Tyler has to head off to work... then Aliyah and I snuggle up and drift back to sleep for another hour or so.

The days that I wear bags under my eyes and can’t stop myself from yawning repeatively - I am leaning on the sweetness of the first 20 minutes of my day.

1 comment:

  1. Ahh yes...the morning, "Good Mornings!" I loved it too. My fav as well. You were always ready to greet with a smile and start the day! Enjoy! Love, Grammy xoxo

    ReplyDelete