It won’t be like this for long, Darius Rucker
We don’t really listen to new country music but somehow while browsing for something to listen to the other day in the car this song came on.
Before I knew it, I was sobbing big heavy sobs while trying to keep my car between the white lines.
I feel like watching this little girl grow up is both awe-inspiring and heartbreaking. We as parents put so much hope and faith and energy into raising up our children, helping them grow... and yet, to watch it in real time... all I want to do is beg her stay just like she is in this moment.
keep growing. don’t change. keep growing. don’t change.
I really couldn’t have understood it until I became a parent... that deep-in-your-soul-pride that comes with every milestone your child reaches and the achey realization that you can’t go back and you can’t hold on... our only option is up and out and forward. it’s a blessed hurt.

thanks for making me cry.
ReplyDeletei used to never cry. and then i became a mom and now I cry at everything.
love it...xoxo
ReplyDeleteIsn't that the truth. Pretty soon you turn around and they're havin babies of their own. This is a good song, but Trace Adkins sings one thats called "You're gonna miss this". It says it all too. Makes me cry just sitting here thinking about it. Not because I'm sad that they're grown. I'm very proud of what they've become, just that you do miss it. I know you are enjoying every moment. Breathe it all in. Record it all as you are doing. You never get to go back. But the results are amazing! You guys are doing a great job, and I love you. Linda G.
ReplyDelete