![]() |
| Some new cloth diapers I want to try out with Everly and extras that were sent by our sweet friend, Erin! |
Music, low lighting, mother directed pushing, massage, laboring in the tub, delayed cord clamping, and as long as all is well, not taking her away for any testing or measuring until we’re ready.
I have also thought about things I want to do differently:
Active management of placenta delivery to avoid excessive blood loss and having a delayed/no hep-lock (which I am so so excited my dr ((love her)) agreed to. I am also curious about trying different pushing positions, but not sure exactly what I would be most comfortable with. Just some ideas floating around in my head.
I can't remember the woman who said this, but I remember someone gave me the best analogy when I was pregnant with Aliyah - “Delivering babies is kind of like making pancakes. Every one of them comes out a little differently but your body gets better and better at it."
This little girl is going to come out of the pan perfectly round and golden brown! It makes me giggle to think of Everly's birth as a perfectly made pancake - but I sure hope she’s right!


Just wanted to share this, Marcie! http://midwifethinking.com/2012/05/05/an-actively-managed-placental-birth-might-be-the-best-option-for-most-women/ You can search around for some more literature on it, but the bottom line seems to be that an actively managed 3rd stage might only possibly be safer *if* the birth process has been messed with. If you have a physiological/normal/un-interfered-with birth, it is almost always safest to also let your body do what it is designed to do in regard to the third stage of birth, on its own. Just wanted to pass that along!
ReplyDeleteMarcie,
ReplyDeleteI was wondering who your Dr. is? I would love to have no hep lock for our next one someday :)