Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Final Countdown: 6 Weeks

Whew! It’s been a very busy week around the Inzer house. We spent most of last weekend working in the yard and staining the new SWING SET!!!! All of the grandparents went in with us to get Aliyah a swing set for her 2nd birthday. It was delivered and set-up last week, and since we found a great used set on craig's list, we did have a little work cleaning and re-staining it. It has a play house, rock wall, ramp, ladder, three swings and a bar with hand rings too. The play house has a few window boxes to plant flowers in - it is so adorable!
PURE JOY!!
We also did a little cleaning inside the house and hosted a Father's Day celebration on Sunday (which was a blast!)
Back to an Everly update: 6 weeks(ish) left!! We have completed the updated the nursery and I’m absolutely smitten with it! It just feels so cheery and fun! Last night over dinner, Tyler and I were talking about how much the reality of all of this has hit us since we have finished their shared room. Two beds. Two little people who are our responsibility. It feels very foreign but wonderful to start sentences like “Let’s take the kids...” or “When the children...” We are basking in our soon to be plurality.
Tyler made mini beds and I was able to use Aliyah's baby bedding and add some pieces to it - teal pillow cases, euro pillows, a bean bag and a pink blanket I sewed myself! I took down "ALIYAH" and made the girls' initials with yarn and felt flowers.
Some changes: a basket for soft toys/dolls and a mirror low enough for some silly faces. I took off the closet doors to create more room and made the pink curtains. The dresser has a few fun nick-knacks and another bow organizer I made from an oatmeal container, paper and a candle stick.
I made this print on my computer, took it to Kinko's and had it printed on a foam board. "Dream Big" is from the lyrics to the lullaby I wrote before Aliyah was born.
This wall is very similar to Aliyah's original nursery except we took out the rocking chair and added this bean bag. I wanted to have something the girls could easily climb and sit.

Not new but still a personal favorite! I made these from silver platters and chalkboard paint.

"Sisters" and the baby tummy-time mirror... which Aliyah also still enjoys while rolling on the floor  making funny faces.
Not a lot on this wall but sometimes simple is best!

 This sign pretty much says it all (another original from Aliyah's nursery). 
I almost forgot! Bows behind the door and low so the girls can reach.
I still feel really fantastic. I have been having a few more weird pregnancy symptoms than I did with Aliyah, but I really can't complain - especially knowing what I get from it all in less than 2 months. Just some funky  leg cramping, weird skin rashes and a little pressure from Everly's positioning choices... but really who wants to hear that?!?

The nursery is ready. We are planning to set up her bassinet in our bedroom later this week. Teeny little outfits are washed and put away. In the next few weeks we will be putting in the infant car seat and packing a hospital bag!

No comments:

Post a Comment