Wednesday, June 13, 2012

TWO at the ZOO

Birthday Pictures (lots and lots and lots)!!!
I think this had to be one of the best parts of the day! Tyler and I blew up as many balloons as we could and put them all over the floor in Aliyah's room before we went to bed. In the morning, it was so fun to see her so excited!!
She threw them all over the room and then decided to roll around in them. The smile on this girl's face was ridiculous - I loved it!
She took a few "Happy Birthday" calls before we headed to Grammy & Papa's for her party!

PARTY!!!
The kids' table was equipped with zoo legos, coloring pages, animal crackers, temporary tattoos and lion party favors.
A super easy and cheap zoo wreath that I made from a wooden embroidery hoop, animal print scrap fabric and some ribbon. I made it in one afternoon while Aliyah was napping.
Remember this?? We hung the birthday banner that my mom and I made last year because it is just too cute!
Fresh flowers and an easy matching vase made from ribbons and paper in her party colors.
MORE balloons!!!
The drink station with iced tea and mason jar glasses. I found zebra printed cupcake cups to use as lids over the mason jars. (The banner hanging on the picture was made from paper triangles and hung with twine)
My parents really outdid themselves when it came to dinner! We had pork burritos and chicken tacos that were out of this world!
Don't forget the Gorilla Grapes and Bongo Bananas!
Aliyah definitely favors cookies and ice cream above any other dessert... since it was her special day, we went with her favorites! I made the tiered cookie trays from candle sticks and cheap serving trays from the dollar store (we used paper doilies under the cookies since I used spray paint on the trays)! Thanks to Aunt Penny for sharing her cookie recipe - they were delicious!
Make your own trail mix!
Pellets = M&Ms - Berries = Craisins - Oats = Cereal
I used ice scoops to serve the animal feed and there were stickers to decorate or seal your bag. This was so much fun!

ZOO!!!
We had a quick Jimmy John's sandwich for lunch with Uncle Randy and Aunt Annie at my parent's house and then it was off to the zoo! It was a hot afternoon, but everyone had a great time.
After the zoo we headed back to Grammy and Papa's house to party some more!!
Aliyah's party dress!
A sensory table Aliyah's papa and I made. We filled the tub with beans and zoo animals. There were also a few shovels and scoops. The backyard had chalk, bubbles, beach balls and hoola hoops! I am really excited about the sensory table for the girls. I love that the tub has a lid, can be closed overnight and easily changed out for rice, sand water, etc!!
We were so blessed to have so many family members and friends celebrate such a special day with us! Thank you, Thank you. THANK YOU to everyone!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment