Meeting Everly Jean is all I can think about these days. My mind whirls with the simplest of thoughts - the tiny size of newborn fingers, the way a little head rests so perfectly in that space between your collarbones, lying awake with a breastfeeding infant in the middle of the night when the rest of the house is deep in sleep. That’s where my head is right now.
The girls' shared room is complete and I should post some pictures soon. We are working on getting a spot in our bedroom ready since that is where she will be sleeping for a while. I have briefly thought about packing a hospital bag, gathering music and returning the infant car seat to the back seat of my car.
I am pretty sure Evie is upside down and ready to rock-n-roll when her time comes. All I feel are little feet and a hard bottom rolling around under my ribs or in my side - and despite this being my second go-round, when I really sit and think about the fact that there is a little person inside of me, it still blows my mind. How absolutely weird and fantastic?!?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment