
Yesterday afternoon my willpower overtook me outside a McDonald's and I found myself stuffing a cheeseburger into my mouth. With every french fry I swallowed, I kept thinking, “I’m the world’s worst mother already. I can't stop stuffing this junk down my throat.”
I even washed my prenatal vitamin down with a big swig of Sprite. Shameful, shameful, shameful. The sad part is, before I was pregnant, McDonald's usually made me gag just driving by those golden arches.
So last night, in an effort to apologize to my little baby, I ate a handful nuts, a gala apple, some cranberry juice, and a balsamic chicken salad for dinner.
I know I had a moment of weakness, but nothing but healthy, good stuff from here on out... Well, after Thanksgiving :)

Give yourself a break...you are teaching your baby to be flexable....go with the flow. Sounds like your back on track now!!! xoxo
ReplyDeleteYou are not alone!! I could never stomach McDonald's.. and then I was pregnant. 'Nuff said.
ReplyDeleteMy particular weakness is their egg mcmuffins and orange juice. I've become addicted to orange juice. If we run out for even one day, I hit the McDonald's drive thru. Thanks to this habit, Josh has made sure we don't run out very often!