THE FIRST TRIMESTER...
1. Nobody told me that your butt grows with your belly... that was an unpleasant shocker!
2. Along the same lines as number one, I was unaware that there is maternity underwear to go with the maternity clothes. Talk about some serious 'granny panties'
3. Saying goodbye to sushi, hot dogs, uncooked deli meats, eggs, caffeine, tuna, raw cookie dough, wine & margaritas (well I did already know that one, but it is still a tough reality) and my waistline ;)
4. You can re-live your teen years with hormonal acne
5. Before you get "the bump" your body seems to transform into something I've seen on National Geographic
6. I have never gone from such extreme excitement, to extreme panic, back to excitement, to then extremely overwhelmed, and to feeling completely and totally blessed within seconds
7. Germs are now my worst enemy - They are everywhere!
8. A complete and total loss of modesty... I am sure the birthing process will take this to another level
9. I have always known that my husband is AMAZING, but seeing him start to view his life as a father is something that I just can't explain. Plus he is unbelievably patience when dealing with my unbalanced hormone levels. I love him to pieces!!
10. You can be pregnant and not "feel" pregnant at all. If you know me pretty well, you know I hate, hate, hate, HATE going to the doctor's. This has now changed b/c the only time I "feel" pregnant is when I can see our little one on the ultra sound or hear the heartbeat... I just LOVE going to the doctor's :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

You have a pretty good grasp so far of what's going on...glad to see Dad's hanging in there as well. I'm so glad you didn't say
ReplyDeleteGrammies Panties!!! xoxo
Marci, you are so adorable...
ReplyDeleteand a very good blogger! i love the comparisons of babies to fruit, the thrifty clothes finds, and the pregnancy updates- keep them coming!
This blog made me laugh :)
ReplyDeleteOh, and I too, missed out on taste-testing all the different types of cookie dough for Christmas this year; something I had not even considered until I found myself baking and suddenly knew better than to devour in raw egg. Ehhh.
And honestly ~ what was all this nonsense I always heard about a *glowing* face? Did they mean glowing break-out? I was a lucky teenager who skipped this experience entirely.. is this my karma?