Thursday, May 13, 2010

Bump @ 40 Weeks

40 Weeks!!!

I talked Tyler into snapping this picture after our weekly OB appointment yesterday morning. Two nights ago I had a little breakdown after my 180th daily trip to the bathroom. I looked in the mirror - I had on big sweatpants and a stain on my shirt. There were cookie crumbs on my chin and my hair was dirty and flipping out in a stringy pony tail. I stared at myself and turned to the side and tried to remember how I looked before I got pregnant as there is no part of me that pregnancy has not affected.

While I have spent the better portion of this experience marveling at the capabilities of my body (and I still do marvel) - there are plenty of moments when I feel like a wildebeest... So I woke up determined to feel as babelicious as a 9 month pregnant woman can possibly look. I didn’t succeed entirely (How can any of us when women like Heidi Klum exist in the world?), but I did have a little more pep in my step when my reflection passed the row of mirrored windows on the way in for my appointment - and that’s enough for me!

Doctor Report: 2 cm dilated, baby is really low and 80% effaced -- our doctor is on-call this weekend and said that she didn't think we will make it to next week without this little one in our arms - we'll see!

4 comments:

  1. In my best Joe Cocker voice,
    You are so beautiful, to me....

    Love,
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look beautiful! My worst part about myself was post-Owen when I had to go and buy jeans! Yuck. . that was awful but I am back in my old clothes and it of course is worth every pound you put on, even the 50 I gained :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are one hot (soon to be) momma - that is a picture to treasure always! And the sad truth if the matter is you will likely see that frazzled lady in the mirror too many times over the next few months (minus the bump), but you'll come out smiling on the other side. I'm excited for you guys & will be checking back over the next few days to see if the little babelet has arrived!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marcie......you are the most beautiful woman....pregnant or not....YOU'RE HOT!!!
    Love Aunt Terri

    ReplyDelete