Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Nursery Tour

I’ve caught Tyler standing in the middle of Ali's nursery several times in the past few days. We both agree that there is something magical going on in there. It’s the most warm and happy little room we’ve ever known. I also caught him making the motion of putting a baby in the crib and when I giggled out the words “What are you doing over there!?!?” he responded without an ounce of embarrassment “I’m just practicing laying her down to sleep” and then I stopped laughing and wanted to cry at this beautiful man I call my husband...

Her sweet little bed


Our sitting corner complete with boxes of fun toys & books, a night stand with items for breastfeeding and shelves for holding old memories & fun knickknacks


Old Memories: cowboy boots from my childhood -- a lace doily from Aliyah's great-great-grandma, Gammy -- a hummel from Aliyah's great-grandma, Gandy -- my dad's baby shoes -- a baby bracelet from Aliyah's great-grandma, Bam


A place to play and her antique silver platter wall art


Dresser/Changing table and her "i love you because:_____" sign


Socks, Hats and Hair Bows. OH MY!


Her closet, hamper, a spunky mirror
...and my awesome diaper bag!


This is one FULL closet!!

3 comments:

  1. I'm pretty sure we have the same diaper bag. Vera Bradley? I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one put together and beautiful room. All it needs is Aliyah. Come on Aliyah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the room! So cozy. I have the same rocking chair! Just a tip: if your changing pad is sliding, put a rubber bubbly shelf liner underneath it. It worked wonders.

    ReplyDelete