Sunday, May 23, 2010

Feeling Better

what makes me smile?? cute hair accessories!!
I am better today. I have really been in a mood since my last doctor's appointment. I spent most of the past two days flinging myself on the bed and whining to Tyler about how he couldn’t possibly understand what I was going through - and since I am sharing my crazy today, I will add that when Tyler served me a bowl of my favorite cereal in bed I tried readjusting myself, dribbled a little milk on the comforter and completely lost it - just broke down in tears... A classic case of "don't cry over spilled milk"

Tyler did exactly what every man with a volatile, pregnant wife should do - he “poor baby-ed” me, gave me plenty of neck rubs and head kisses and convinced me to get dressed and go grab some lunch with him (throwing in a cookie at Goodscents will always to the trick)

I prepared myself to be physically uncomfortable by month nine of this pregnancy, but even now (10 days past my due date) I'm still doing pretty good - BUT I had never prepared to feel so emotionally worn.

However, today I have realized that allowing myself to wallow in self pity for the final days of my pregnancy would do nothing but drag them along. That’s just not an option when I don’t know if I’ve got one day or more in front of me.

If I’ve got to spend 5 hours a day floating in a bathtub, listening to good tunes and reading books to relax - so be it - This has been such a great experience and I am not going to let it get the best of me now!

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there sweetie..You and Aliyah are totally surrounded by love. Tyler is doing a great job of caring for you and traveling with you through life's most exciting miracle. We love you and are so proud. Hugs..xoxo Grammy

    ReplyDelete