Tuesday, May 4, 2010

What's In Your Hospital Bag?

We continue to take care of a few more last minute details...
Our (ever growing) Hospital Bag

1. Car seat - gotta have it to bring our baby love home!

2. Positive affirmations/relaxation scripts, copies of our birth plan, and other paperwork the hospital asked us to bring

3. My Pretty Pushers hospital gown

4. Water, Gatorade, and some healthy & not-so-healthy snacks for us, the staff, and our visitors

5. Pajama pants & tops, robe, clothes to wear home, my blue slippers and sports bras for the labor tub.

6. Outfits, a blanket, socks, and hats for Aliyah. I’ve got a preemie, newborn and 0-3 outfit picked out in case she is a peanut or an amazon baby

7. Toiletries Bag: hair ties, chap stick, lotion, aromatherapy, etc...

8. Mp3 player with tons of music to listen to during labor. We organized our music into different genres: relax - awake - easy listening - lullabies

9. Aliyah's baby book - hoping that the nurses can add her footprints to our book

10. Pillow from home

11. Exercise Ball... our hospital has a few, but we were told to bring one with us just-in-case

12/13. Tyler's and my bags - goal: fitting all this in two bags!

14. Boppy pillow (suggested by a few new moms as a great to have) and a comfy blanket from home

Not pictured: our computers, camera, phones & chargers, a tube of lanolin for breast feeding, and a few other small items... *wow*

After I took this photo, we packed it all up neatly and it’s now sitting right there in our office ready to go when the time comes! I’d love to hear opinions from other moms - have we packed too much? (I am pretty sure I already know the answer to that one) Are we missing something?

2 comments:

  1. Just need to add Aliyah!!! Just a small wait now! Keep busy! Love to you both! Mom M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey marcie! You're blog is so sweet, I love reading it! One thing my mom brought to the hospital after I had Elizabeth was my baby photo, taken at the hospital right after I was born. It was fun to look at the picture and compare it to Elizabeth. As it turned out, she was almost identical to my picture, it was scary! It may be fun to pack some pics of you and Tyler as newborns to compare features of your baby girl. I'd also suggest books, magazines or your favorite movie to watch while you're passing time in the day or two after the birth. Good Luck, I'm sure you'll be awesome! - Sara O'Dell

    ReplyDelete